Wednesday, February 20, 2008

serving

it's always a funny day when you realize that there are things that are bigger than you. i mean, what a fucking blow. how stupid was i to think that my issues were important to, well, THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!? it sucks when you attempt to make yourself relevant only to be handily and swiftly shot down. you stupid little mofo...

i attempted to help my boss today, because 1) he was sick, he had an ear infection and we all know that those are AWESOME! and 2) because he was stressed and said that he had a lot going on. he had tasked me with some work earlier in the day and week, and i had yet to finish it. Simply because i had other work to complete based on time constraints, and that the information i was providing required more research and thought. when he asked me about it today, i knew he was stressed. it's always his way to corral everybody up, in order to assauge his anxiety. so guess what? he wasn't pleased when i didn't snap my heels together and vomit my deliverable on his desk, with a bow, of course. when i asked him if he needed any help with his "a lot going on", he said the following, "no, i just need you to finish what i asked you to do..." ouch.

so, i walked out with my head held...at an angle, like an injured puppy. i told him i would finish the work at home tonight, and that seemed to sate him. now i'm all friggin' paranoid about the work i've done, because he's been known to draw blood with his pen. at least with me anyway. but, i've suffered tonight. i've suffered through, oh, i don't know, doing my JOB, and i think it's going to be okay. if i help him, if i enthusiastically vomit my deliverables ALL OVER HIS DESK, it will make his life easier, as well as mine.

so, when i present my work to him tomorrow, i'll also present him with a Wet One and some air freshener...maybe some fabreze too... you know, for his chair.

2 comments:

B said...

I officially hate work

dmb5_libra said...

He needs a big motherf-ing chill pill. No he probably won't take that. Grind it up and put it in his drink.

Why doesn't he just stay home like normal people instead of subjecting everyone to his grumpness?

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio