Monday, March 24, 2008

clogged up

that is basically the description of my day. i have the beginnings of something that feels similar to cement hardening in all of my sinuses, and a vague soreness and tickle-y cough in my throat. my ears feel as if i've jammed erasers in them, and my eyes look as if i've looked into the soul of the devil. in short, i am feeling FABULOUS!

i was vaguely present throughout the day at work, and looked forward to easing my cement-addled mind into a glorious world of surfing the web. THEN, dun-dun-dunnnnnn! we get an e-mail that we are no longer allowed to surf the internet casually and that violators' names would be sent to the DIRECTOR OF THE AGENCY! yikes... so, i went to a few sites, but didn't press my luck.

then, my boss decides to let his neck twist 360 degrees and proceeds to act like he really needed me to realign his head. with my fist(s). and he knew i was feeling poorly. in short it was so FUCKING AWESOME for a MONDAY!

but i had a great weekend, and perhaps i even jinxed myself when i said saturday morning, with all my "chilrun" around me, "this moment will make monday worth it." that being said, i was horribly wrong, but just now thinking about it, kind of makes the suffering worthwhile. i had a great weekend and did all the things that i wanted to do. even if it ended up being painful in the end, and walking around like a zombie in a fog (even WITH undereye concealer), on fumes of the aforementioned, worthwhile weekend.

oh well, all i can do is just wish for a better day tomorrow. and make sure that i'm clearheaded enough to tell my boss to kiss my ass in a polite way. and then right when he puckers up, i'll make sure i'm not clogged up...

peace, love, and mucinex, my peoples... it is the only way... for when you feel like you have a head made from cinderblocks.

4 comments:

B said...

i want the plague to go away! apparently we are all sickly. including my grandmother!

boooo!

thebestmichelle said...

apparently, SOMEONE had some germs...but i can't blame anyone. let's just say we were worn down after a long weekend....

it was FABULOUS having you guys here. i had a lot of fun!

maxie, please come see us again soon! and thanks for visiting my extremely humble abode.

Maxie said...

I'm thinking I just tried to pack too much into one weekend, but who knows.

Thank you so much for having me! We'll have to hang out again soon :-)

dmb5_libra said...

we had fun last weekend! i think the thing about the internet is just an office rumor to keep people from surfing.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio