Sunday, April 27, 2008

road rash

you know, i've found over the past few months that just when you think it can't get worse, it does. but i'm okay. i've nailed down a few things, things that i've had to make certainties. there are things that i've had to establish in order to keep my sanity. it really has not been easy.

some things have gotten better and improved, but it's always what's right around the corner that scares me. right now, two of my very good friends face a very uncertain future, and i'm so very sad and scared for them. it affects my whole circle of friends, and we've all been pretty upset. then just to add insult to injury, as we're all coming to grips with what will be a very different future, sweetcakes is in the bed with a HORRIBLE stomach virus. i have some chicken broth and noodles on the stove in case he's feeling brave enough. he hasn't been able to keep anything down and so very uncomfortable.

money's tight right now, and well, right now sweetcakes doesn't have health insurance. going to an emergency room or urgent care center would be very costly. also, they wouldn't be able to do much about a virus. i did some research on the interwebs and talked to the pharmacist at cvs, and my mother, and all said he's just going to have to suffer. meh. it' s so awesome to hear him hurling into a trash bag every 2-3 hours. i got him some unisom so he can sleep, he hasn't been able since friday night. let's hope for the best.

i'm here, i'm present, i'm on autopilot. all i do is hope and pray and rely on faith. that's all i can do right now, and it's very humbling. so, i give my all to my faith, and lean on it. and by faith, i mean in every sense of the word. i have faith that everything will be alright. i just have to be patient and learn all that i can from this period in my life. i know things will get better, and i also know that as i ride down this road before me, there's always going to be a chance for injury. it stings, it burns, it can leave scars. but, as long as i have all my parts intact, i'll be okay.

3 comments:

Maxie said...

I hope things start looking up for you soon, hun.

Vanessa said...

I hope thing look up soon. very soon!

thebestmichelle said...

thanks guys.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio